Tactics are extremely valuable in Forces of War. Every time you level up, you gain 2 tactic points. Forces of War will automatically distribute to Boost and Trap one tactic point each, even if you reset your tactics in any way (i.e. resetting or reallocating).
You may buy tactics from the black market; however, there is a limit to the amount of tactics you can buy. To calculate the maximum amount of tactic points you can have at your level, multiply your level by 6.
(Example: if you are level 9, you can buy a maximum of 54 tactic points)
Boost and Trap are the only two available tactics at level 1; to unlock more tactics you must reach a required level and have a minimum amount of points already spent. If you reset your tactic points you will still need to put the minimum 32 tactic points into either Boost or Trap (or a combination of both) to unlock Suppress again.
Please do not forget to activate your tactics once you have put points into them. The game will automatically select Boost and Trap after you start the game or reallocate points. To activate your tactics for offensive battle, (you attack your opponent) go to the Battle page in-game. To activate your tactics for defensive battle, (your opponent attacks you) go to the My Squad page in game.
List of all Tactics, formatted as (tactic number) name - description (maximum amount of points that can be allocated to it):
(1) Boost - Increases your Attack/Defense attributes by XX ( 250 )
(2) Trap - Gain XX% more money from a win & Lose XX% less money from a loss ( 40 )
(3) Suppress - Reduces the effectiveness of enemy weapons and vehicles by XX% ( 150 )
(4) Storm - Allows you to gain up to XX% More XP per battle (if you win) ( 50 )
(5) Trench - Gives you a XX% chance of executing a critical block (sustain 1/2 damage) ( 100 )
(6) Blitz - Gives you a XX% chance of delivering a critical hit (inflict x2 damage) ( 100 )
(7) Amplify - Amplifies the effect of your other selected tactic by XX% ( 175 )
(8) Assault - Increases the overall damage you inflict in battle by XX ( Unlimited )
The most useful tactic in the game is amplify; however, it is not unlocked until you reach level 80. When you reach level 80, you will want to fill this tactic. The second most useful is suppress. The majority of experienced players will put the minimum amount of points into boost/trap (32) and then start to fill suppress, and as soon as amplify is unlocked, fill it as well. This popular set-up is commonly referred to as "3/7". In forums, if a player says "max 3/7," they are referring to max suppress and max amplify, the most powerful tactic combination in the game.
You can reallocate your tactic points via the black market. Be warned: it costs you 10 gold bars to reallocate your tactic points the first time, but every time after that it will cost you 40. After you reallocate your tactic points, you will have to wait for 48 hours until you can reallocate them again.